Monday, August 4, 2008

Monday, part deux

I got a good 90 minutes in this evening. A lot (probably too much) of tension in LH in high position on low strings - gotta work on that and need to remember to ask Davidson about it. I also need to start writing down how long I practiced everything, because... yeah, times might be a good thing to note.

Anyhoo.

Primrose: Cmaj, fifth pos. All strings (as mentioned above, LOTS of LH tension)
Sevcik op1: 1, 1st line + a few measures. Having problems putting down 4 with the drone and with leaving all other fingers down - top of the hand wants to stop the higher string as well. Something to ask about.
Sevick op2: 1st exercise all strings, plus read ahead a little bit.
Schradieck: 1, G. Got the first half before hand fatigue became an issue. I think I need to focus a bit more on work on the G to strengthen LH a bit more.
Trott: #2, getting both notes to sound clearly and evenly. Did some work with just open strings to try to get consistency there - it helped, but still needs a little bit of work. I tend to lean to the high string on the longer notes. This, too, can be resolved.
Gazda: #2. reworked a few fingerings, as the C on G doesn't want to speak on the downward runs when it's the last note. I'm thinking that playing something else on the G before the C will help.

No comments: